How to Set Up TopRopes and Anchors, anchors, anchors!!!!
”How can I build safe top rope climbing systems for my friends and family to advance our skills. “
- Terrain assessment, how can I set up a top rope (TR) without lead climbing
- Climbing site considerations, leave no trace, climbing etiquette to others
- Ground anchors and back up belayers
- Review of equipment (ropes, cords, various carabiners, harnesses)
- Using bolts and slings to create TR anchors
- Using a static line to create a TR system
- Personal anchor systems, tether lines or belays to set up TR
- Prequalized climbing anchors
- Self equalized climbing anchors
- Lowering techniques for climbers
How to Properly Use Climbing Protection
- Terrain assessment, micro and macro rock features
- Good gear placements and improper gear placements
- Cleaning and retrieving equipment
- Set traditional (clean climbing) protection such as slings, nuts, spring loaded camming devices (SLCDs), hexes, bolts, tricams, and various gear
- Understanding of chords, runners, slings, webbing, ropes, and how to use them properly.
- Build pre and self equalized climbing anchors.
- Build more anchors, and build a few more anchors!!
($125 per person, up to 8 students in clinic) All Clinics are four hours, scheduled by appointment.